Friday, April 22, 2016

Tiny House/Big Decisions

Sooooo......I keep broaching the subject with D, you know the BIG subject...a TINY house.  One moment he seems semi-interested, the next he seems completely sure that it is a BIG, BAD idea. 

I see little glimmers of acceptance at times, and then other times I think I am going to have a battle on my hands.  Will it even be worth it?  I know my reasoning is sound; less upkeep, less waste, better financial investment for our future.

Next weekend is the Solano Home Show.  We plan to head on over to see a display of a couple Tiny Houses from a company that posted on Instagram yesterday.  I'm so excited, and nervous at the same time!  What if D totally thinks they are awful?  What if I think they're awful?  Neither of us has seen a real-life tiny in person.

I have had glimpses at tiny living in my life; camping with my family was living tiny, our summers were spent either truly camping or sleeping out in our tent trailer or on the front porch since the old farmhouse was so hot.  I loved sleeping in the fresh air.  I still crave that open-air sleep environment....and I crave the coziness the tent trailer held with my curtained end-bunk.

I've started feeling trapped by this 1,500 square foot suburban money pit.  It is stifling me.

I am confident that a tiny house would afford us a more streamlined, organized existence.   Every space could be designed for multiple, but specific, purposes.

Oy....is this a pipe dream?  Am I wasting my obsessive efforts?

Stay tuned...will I ditch it or live it?

No comments:

Post a Comment